Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Forza Le Mans Series forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

In order to participate in our events you will firstly need to join our forums by becoming a member, before proceeding to the next stages of sign up.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rebellion Thread!
Topic Started: Mar 28 2014, 03:09:01 AM (3,055 Views)
Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll be updating this thread with all news Rebellion, as they are my favorite team evur!

Sportscar365

Rebellion Racing will start the FIA World Endurance Championship season with their 2013-spec Lola-Toyotas, it has been revealed.

The Anglo-Swiss squad has been confirmed on the entry list for next month’s season-opening Six Hours of Silverstone with two of its previous-generation LMP1 cars, which are eligible to be grandfathered into competition for this year.

It’s understood the build of the team’s new Rebellion R-One prototype has faced delays, with the ORECA-built LMP1-L car having been previously ruled out from taking part in “The Prologue” official pre-season test at Paul Ricard. The two Lola-Toyotas will instead be used.

Nicolas Prost and Matthias Beche are currently the only confirmed drivers on the official entry list for the two-car Rebellion effort at Silverstone, although both Nick Heidfeld and Dominik Kraihamer have also signed with the team for a full-season campaign.

The Lotus T129-AER, the only other LMP1-L entry for the season, is still listed, although there has also been delays in the Kodewa camp, which includes an ongoing court case.

A total of 31 cars are listed to take part at Silverstone, representing all of the full-season entries.

A number of confirmed drivers have yet to be added to the entry list, although it provides confirmation of Tsuigo Matsuda as KCMG’s third driver in its Oreca 03 Nissan.

New paint is looking snazzy :D, something similar will most likely be on the Rebellion R-One

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interview with Bart Hayden about the new R-One
Bart Hayden Interview

The Drivers for Rebellion this season look like they will be
Nicolas Prost - Nick Heidfeld - Mathias Beche
Dominik Kraihamer - Andrea Belicchi - Fabio Lemer
Posted Image
silenzze
May 25 2013, 07:38:10 PM
Nurburgerking 2013. Never Forget.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maynard S4
Member Avatar
Level 10
#13 Rebellion only 1.8 seconds quicker than the top P2 in the first session at Paul Ricard.

2014 GTE (IMSA Performance): Starts: 1 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Failed To Finish: 0 | Points Position: -

2013 LMP2 (Conquest Racing): Starts: 11 | Poles: 1 | Wins: 3 | Podiums: 9 | Failed To Finish: 2 | Final Points Position: 2nd
Infineon, Silverstone, Motegi

Twitter @Maynard_93

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
They can only push a Lola so fast -- I would assume they have one of the most reliable cars out of the group though. Also Rebellion has confirmed that they have ended their partnership with Lotus
Posted Image
silenzze

Maynard S4
Member Avatar
Level 10
I don't see Reliability being an issue for Audi, Toyota, And Porsche come Silverstone. They've all completed extensive testing programs for that exact reason.

Then the reliability ball will be in Rebellions court from Round 2, With them debuting the R-One at Spa.

Also... What would be the point in them racing if Lotus doesn't show up?
2014 GTE (IMSA Performance): Starts: 1 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Failed To Finish: 0 | Points Position: -

2013 LMP2 (Conquest Racing): Starts: 11 | Poles: 1 | Wins: 3 | Podiums: 9 | Failed To Finish: 2 | Final Points Position: 2nd

Twitter @Maynard_93

F4H bandicoot
Member Avatar
Level 10
Because the LMP1-L rules allow for a different BoP than the factory teams, so they can be bought up to speed to contend with the factories.
Posted Image

2014 GTE Porsche NA: Starts: 3 | Poles: 1 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 3 | Points: 1st
2013 LMP1 Toyota TS030: Starts: 4 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 4 | Points Position:

Maynard S4
Member Avatar
Level 10
Will it happen though? I'll remain skeptical until Rebellion, Or Lotus win a race.

Twitter @Maynard_93

F4H bandicoot
Member Avatar
Level 10
I doubt they'll win a race, but they goal is to be competitive on lap time. As long as they have 'a chance' I think they'll be happy.

tbf I think they race simply because they can. Nothing wrong with that either!
Posted Image

2014 GTE Porsche NA: Starts: 3 | Poles: 1 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 3 | Points: 1st
2013 LMP1 Toyota TS030: Starts: 4 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 4 | Points Position:

Maynard S4
Member Avatar
Level 10
Oh no I agree, But I reckon they want to at least be able to race with someone, Rather than turn up to just make up the numbers.

IMO they should of gone P2 like Strakka. Left P1 as a factory affair.

Still not convinced we'll see the Lotus P1 either with all the issues they're having.

Twitter @Maynard_93

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
I'm assuming the R-one will be a much more competitive car than the Lola, and the partnership with Oreca is a huge help for Rebellion, bringing even more experience into an already experienced team.

Nico Prost!

Posted Image
Edited by Aero180, Mar 28 2014, 08:15:50 PM.
Posted Image
silenzze

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
A positive first day for Dominik Kraihamer at Rebellion Racing

Oh how I would love to be there...
Posted Image

Edited by Aero180, Mar 30 2014, 09:40:09 PM.
Posted Image
silenzze

V12 RIOT
Member Avatar
I will believe my way to victory.
My German isn't great, but it sounds like there's a 50% chance of the r-one being ready for Silverstone?! Sounds crazy so mayne I read it wrong?

Posted Image

19 Race Wins
25 Pole Positions
57 Races

2 Driver's World Championships (2009, 2012)
3 Team's World Championships (2009, 2011, 2012)
5 Manufacturer's World Championships (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)

Believe

Maynard S4
Member Avatar
Level 10
I'll be happy to see either car. So win win, Maybe they'll get one R-One ready and run both?

I can dream right? XD

Twitter @Maynard_93

Maynard S4
Member Avatar
Level 10
Mathias Beche just tweeted that he's going to Oreca for a seat fitting. New R-One possibly nearing completion?

Please please be on the grid at Silverstone.

Twitter @Maynard_93

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
Posted Image

Nico Prost testing what is assumed to be the R-one on a simulator.. If only Xbox was this realistic!
Edited by Aero180, Apr 11 2014, 02:28:13 AM.
Posted Image
silenzze

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
A lap of Paul Richard
Edited by Aero180, Apr 11 2014, 09:37:38 PM.
Posted Image
silenzze

galeforce97
No Avatar
Fighting until the bitter end
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The HUD on the simulator looks very similar to rfactor.
Number 43
First season of flms
2014 GTE Young Driver AMR Starts: 11 | Poles: 3 | Wins: 3 | Podiums: 7 | Top 10s: 11 | Failed To Finish: 0 | Points Position: 1st | Best finish: 1st
2014 FLMS + FWEC GTE drivers champion
2014 FWEC GTE Teams champion

DEMITRI32
Member Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=27562

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
Damn Demitri you're fast, I only managed to get home and it's already posted!

So yes, the R-one has been revealed and I am very excited! :D

Full Article From Rebellion-Racing.com

Posted Image
Edited by Aero180, Apr 17 2014, 06:25:19 PM.
Posted Image
silenzze

Aero180
No Avatar
Level 10
That sound!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---- Click the exclamation marks
Edited by Aero180, Apr 25 2014, 02:04:39 AM.
Posted Image
silenzze

V12 RIOT
Member Avatar
I will believe my way to victory.
Looks hot!

Posted Image

19 Race Wins
25 Pole Positions
57 Races

2 Driver's World Championships (2009, 2012)
3 Team's World Championships (2009, 2011, 2012)
5 Manufacturer's World Championships (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)

Believe

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · WEC & ACO · Next Topic »
Add Reply

free counters